Some things I’m thankful for (in no particular order):
- My amazing job. It’s been almost 2.5 years and hardly a day goes by that I’m not thrilled to get up and do what God has called me here to do. It’s been an amazing ride and the freedoms and experiences I’ve had here have been amazing and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.
- My family. Our family has always been close and even though we’ve spread out a bit now we still manage to stay connected. This past summer, my mom moved from Phoenix to Chattanooga, TN, so she’s made the trip up to Grand Rapids a few times already. Not to mention we chat on the phone pretty much every day.
- My friends. I’ve been blessed with a very special bunch of friends. Each and every one of them holds a special place in my heart and I’m a better person for having them in my life. They’ve kept me focused, listened to me complain, hugged when I needed it and laughed when I screwed up (which happens a LOT).
- Journey. I know, I mentioned my job already, but I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about the incredible collection of Christ-followers that have assembled themselves into the people of God at Journey. Their dedication and passion for reaching a lost and broken world is impressive and I’m glad that I get to be a part of it.
- My Team. It vague on purpose, because it’s all the people I serve along side of. From the worship team who tirelessly puts together amazing moments of worship week after week to the Roadies crew who works harder than any team at Journey, to the Core Leadership Team, and all the Team Leaders at Journey who help guide and inspire their teams. And I would be remiss if I omitted the biggest part of my team, Pastor Bob. Without his incredible leadership and vision, Journey wouldn’t be Journey and I wouldn’t be where I am today.
And some fun things I’m thankful for:
- Cheesecake – the real stuff, not that fake knock-off cool whip crap
- Watching “The Office” after rehearsals on Thursday’s with Greg & Matt
- Watching the special joy Schroeder (my dog) gets after getting a new rawhide bone
- Going for walks on a warm summer evening
- Playing the piano for hours on end
- Road trips with friends
- Facebook (I’m addicted, I know)
- Friday night movie night with friends
- Sleeping in
- Christmas Music
What are you thankful for?