Today, we began a new series at Journey called Ritual where we’re focusing on keeping spiritual rituals from becoming empty rituals. We started the series with Worship. We moved the message closer to the beginning of the service and used the message to talk about what we do in worship – specifically, that while in most traditional churches they use a liturgy, we use songs to accomplish the liturgy. We looked at some examples of the different parts of the liturgy and then followed the message by putting it to action – we went through all of the various parts in song. It was a great time of worship today with a lot of extra music from what we usually do.
- You Are Good, Israel Houghton
- Holy Moment, Matt Redman
- The Message
- Open Up the Gates, Planetshakers (We used this song as an Invocation, setting apart and dedicating the worship time))
- Majesty, Martin Smith (This song was our confession and absolution)
- Glorious Day, Casting Crowns (This is practically a creed, so it was our profession of faith)
- I Surrender to You, Jeremy Camp (We used this song as the offering)
- Desert Song, Brooke Fraser (This was our prayers for the day)
- Mighty to Save, Hillsong United
Were you at Journey today? I’d love to hear your thoughts! Leave a comment below.
This blog is part of the Sunday Setlists Blog Carnival over at TheWorshipCommunity.com. Stop over and check out what other churches did today!