Sunday, March 1 at Journey
Series: I Object: Common Objections to Christianity
Title: “Jesus was just a man”
This is a growing perspective in our world – going all the way back to when Jesus first stepped onto the scene. We examined the evidence and asked “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15)
Opening Instrumental: Shine, Collective Soul
Let The Praises Ring, Lincoln Brewster
- We added the guitar solo this time – great addition and a great kick-off!
Awesome is the Lord, Chris Tomlin
- We pulled way back on the bridge of this song and built it up to a huge last chorus. We added another bridge with just keys and vocals after the usual ending, pulling the tempo back and led that right into the opening prayer. The opening prayer went into…
Holy is the Lord, Chris Tomlin
- We started this with a slowed down chorus with keys and vocals, then kicked in the rest of the band and pulled the tempo back up to where it’s supposed to be. Made for a great, cohesive opening set.
Rescue, Jared Anderson
- Second time we’re done this one – just as powerful as the first time, and I definitely heard more people singing this time!
Salvation is Here, Joel Houston
- We usually do an abbreviated version of this song, but this week we added the instrumental and bridge into the song for the first time. It went really well. I love the anthem-like chorus of this song and it worked great to end the service.
Were you at Journey this week? I’d love to hear your comments!