This week at Journey of Faith, I was able to give the message and offered a challenge as well. For the text, we focused on Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians in Ephesians 3:14-21. Paul was a man of prayer who used it often in his ministry and in his letters. We looked at what it means to be People of Prayer and I issued a challenge to everyone at Journey – to commit to being people of prayer for the next month. There are 5 things we will pray for everyday:
- Pray for whole church of God on earth, that the world may know the saving love of Christ.
- Pray for the people of Journey that we would be united in mission and ministry.
- Pray for those who aren’t here yet – and specifically, pray for an individual or family that you would like to see take their next step.
- Pray for those in authority over us, that they would lead according to God’s will.
- Pray that God would show me my next step and have the strength to take it.
Prayer changes us and I’m excited to see what a month of daily, fervent prayer will do for the people of Journey. In order to help, I created a daily email reminder and a daily text reminder for those who are interested. We’re only a few days in, but I see good things on the horizon!
Maybe it’s because I’m looking for it, but I’ve come across references to prayer everywhere lately, like this great tweet by Pastor Rick Warren:
- Let Creation Sing, Reuben Morgan
- Beautiful One, Matt Redman
- Hosanna, Hillsong
- Enough, Chris Tomlin
- The Message
- Unchanging, Chris Tomlin