Sunday, February 22 at Journey
Series: I Object: Common Objections to Christianity
Title: “A Loving God Wouldn’t Send People to Hell”
If God is loving and wants everyone to be saved, why would he still send people to hell? We used the bridge illustration to share that Jesus has paid the price so no one has to go to hell. Everything is in place for us to be in heaven, we just have to cross that bridge.
Let God Arise, Chris Tomlin
- High energy to kick it off – gets them on their feet and singing.
Majestic, Lincoln Brewster
- Another nice familiar one for the opening set.
Your Name is Holy, Brian Doerksen
- Nothing too fancy about this one, just a good straightforward song that the congregation knows really well.
In Christ Alone, Stuart Townend
- A little old school for what we typically do at Journey, but it fit with the message really well. We used the Newsboys arrangement from their worship CD a few years back. This one was hard to get in a key that works for everyone. It’s got a wide range, but we pulled it off pretty well.
Happy Day, Matt Redman
- We had to celebrate Jesus’ victory over hell with a great celebration song – that, and Easter is coming up around the corner and we don’t want them to forget this one before Easter gets here!
Were you at Journey this week? I’d love to hear your comments!