Sunday, February 15 at Journey
Series: I Object: Common Objections to Christianity
Title: “A Merciful God Wouldn’t Allow Suffering”
If there really is a God, why does he allow all the suffering in this world? Can’t he fix it? Or does he not care? We tackled these very real and tough questions this week.
All We Need, Charlie Hall
- Great song and a great starter.
Let Creation Sing, Hillsongs
- I like how this song takes a long time to build. Because the drums and rhythm stay in this constant, driving pattern in the beginning, it builds up some great tension. Then you hit the chorus and it stays the same, building it more. And then you reach the end of the chorus and the song explodes into a full-out driving groove. Love that energy!
I Still Believe, Jeremy Camp
- A little unusual to do a slow song this early in the service, but it set up the message nicely and, because we had communion this week we couldn’t do it after the message because we went right into communion. It definitely worked.
Beautiful the Blood, Steve Fee
- The first song during communion. We introduced this one this week and it went very well. We pulled the key down from the Db on the studio CD to C and it worked great.
Jesus Messiah, Chris Tomlin
- The second time we’ve done this one on a Sunday morning and it’s catching on fast.
Blessed Be Your Name, Matt Redman
- Kicked this one up a tad and it made a great ending for the service. Tied in great with the message and got them on their feet and singing at the top of their lungs.
Another great week at Journey!
While you’re at it, check out the Sunday Setlist blog carnival here.
Were you at Journey this week? I’d love to hear your comments!