The trouble with traditions…
Traditions can be great, but they can also get us in trouble when the get out of whack! In today’s message, we looked at Mark 7:1-13 where Jesus confronts the Pharisees about their love of tradition over the commands of God. They had raised the traditions of man above the commands of God – something we too often run the risk of doing ourselves. We also got to share a clip from the beginning of “Fiddler on the Roof” (The First part of the Tradition’s song where Tevye tells how they have traditions for everything, “And where do these traditions come from? I’ll tell you… I don’t know.”) And a clip from Seinfeld illustrating how we can elevate traditions to the point where we forget the reason the tradition was instituted in the first place.
- All Because of Jesus, Steve Fee. We used a loop from Praise Charts for the first time yesterday and I really like how well it worked for us. It added cool layer to the sound of the song and gave it that extra something special.
- Filled With Your Glory, Starfield.
- One Pure and Holy Passion, Mark Altrogge
- The Message
- The Motions, Matthew West
- Offering & Prayers
- All to You, Lincoln Brewster
This blog is part of the Sunday Setlist Blog Carnival over at TheWorshipCommunity.com. Check out what other churches did this week!