I just got back from a 2 day planning retreat where Pastor Bob and I got away from the office to focus on plotting out the series for the upcoming year. It was a whirlwind trip as we pretty much drove an hour north, worked all day (and I do mean all day – we knocked off around 11:30 p.m.) got up the next morning and worked all day, then drove back home. While it wasn’t exactly relaxing, it was productive. Here’s a glimpse at some of the series on the radar:
- I Object: Common objections to Christianity We’ll take a look at some of the most common objections to Christianity and figure out how we should respond.
- Be Contagious – Does being a Christian have any impact on our day to day lives?
- God and Science – What can science teach us about the spiritual?
- Facing the Road Ahead – When struggles come, where do we turn for real help?
Those are just the beginning.
Among other things, we also planned out the upcoming season of Merge. There’s some great topics that are on the schedule – some will be fun, some controversial and all through-provoking. Some topics include:
- Alternative lifestyles – How should we respond?
- Things I Wish Jesus Never Said
- Natural Disasters – Does God send disasters?
- And more!
Looks like 2009 is going to be full of excitement!