Very early in the morning, the chief priests, with the elders, the teachers of the law and the whole Sanhedrin, reached a decision. They bound Jesus, led him away and handed him over to Pilate.
It’s now dawn on what will be known as “Good Friday” and Jesus is brought to the Praetorium. Here, he will undergo trial, conviction and sentencing. It’s been a long night:
- He’s been up since yesterday.
- His last meal was yesterday evening with his disciples
- He was up praying intensely in the garden last night where he was arrested
- He was taken to the high priests house
- And now he’s drug to Pontius Pilate.
And it’s not over yet…