I just got home from an awesome Sunday at Journey!
This week was our 1 year anniversary and we rolled out a whole bunch of new things!
- We opened the Connections Cafe, serving premium coffees and espresso drinks, as well as sodas and other goodies. (Yummy!)
- Crossroads Resource Center with books, CD’s, DVD’s, shirts, and mugs and water bottles opened.
- We added a Guest Services center to care for all of our guests, both new and old.
- We added some improvements to our sound and lighting in the theater making the experience much better.
- We added some new atmosphere to the kids areas with foam flooring and new decorations.
- And THERE’S MORE ON THE WAY!! Some of the new stuff didn’t all make it here for the kick-off week, but will roll in over the next few Sunday’s – including a new projector and a stage for the worship team and a sound system for the kids ministry.
I don’t have any pictures yet, but as soon as I get them, they’ll be posted here!
I was a tad nervous that things might be a bit harry coming together today, but it went flawlessly! It felt so good to walk out of the auditorium following our run through and to see people everywhere doing ministry. There were probably 40-50 people there just to volunteer and run the various new ministries.
I was so proud of this church today! Everyone deserves a HUGE thank you and pat on the back – because with out our PEOPLE, none of this would have been possible!
If you missed it this week, you’ll definitely want to be here next week!!